Thursday, August 26, 2010

Nothing like "going live"!

Hi there everyone. I have missed blogging for the last three weeks and I think it has taken a toll on me. Whereas I can vent, or rant, or just muse and think online on my little blog, instead, I have let things build up until I had a tummy ache. Or something close to that vicinity. Alright, I had pains in my chest.

I phoned my friend Jo Ann Wingfield yesterday and left a message on her answering machine.
It went something like this....."I am running away and I wondered if Wooster would be a good place to start?" (Jo Ann lives in Wooster).

She called me about 45 minutes later and said "Come on down"!

So I did.

You know, I know we live in the age of blog, jog, tweet, twitter and text. But you know folks, there just ain't no better form of communication than to be face to face with a friend. We chatted for about 45 minutes, had a glass of tea (actually half and half, the way I like it) and
voila' I felt better. We didn't talk about anything much, just talked, and I got a tour of her house which she has lived in for a year now and it is flat ass gorgeous. You should see how they finished the basement!

Anyway, I phoned her today to say thank you for letting me come down to Wooster. She said she enjoyed it too!

When she ended the conversation on the phone, besides saying "goodbye" she said "I love you".
I hung up in such haste, that I almost missed hearing those words. Not many people tell me "I love you" these days. I sure reflected on that for the rest of the day.

Jo Ann, I love you too!
Judy

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

I'm so thankful for our friendship. Ain't we lucky?
xo