Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another day in paradise



Truly, I am in paradise. I am here at the Kentucky Horse Park, enjoying beautiful weather, sunny days and cool nights. Living in and old (1987) "Georgie Boy" RV and loving every minute. Georgie squeeks and groans, rattles and rolls, much like me. I am able to cook on a tiny teeny four burner stove, wash up in a tiny kitchen sink, cook for Sarah and her two students, Katie and Kelsey, shower in a tiny space, conserve water, and have a ball. I am sittng at the dinette, looking out at an arena with horses warming up for their Dressage tests, sun streaming through the window, enjoying a hot cup of coffee and listening to a distant announcer call for classes. All is right with the world.

For me, this is heaven.

"And God took a handful of southerly wind and blew his breath over it and created the horse". ...Bedouin legend

Since the day many years ago that I used to sit on the curb with a carrot in my hand (circa 1945) and wait for the Producer's Milk Wagon to stop and deliver milk to our house, and the driver would allow me to pet the horse and feed him the carrot, I have been "horse crazy". I am old now, but I would still wait for the horse to come to give him a carrot.

It certainly works for me!

2 comments:

=^..^= said...

Sounds WONDERFUL Judy! A woman after my own heart, as I too was "horze crazy" throughout my childhood, always asking for a "horse of course" every birthday and Christmas. It was all I ever longed for, beyond our family pets. But the closest I got to paradise back then was the honor of leading the fairgound ponies around a fenced track for kiddy rides every summer. Then riding, grooming & feeding them their well earned oats & hay when the rides closed down for the night.

Love that inspired quote too!

Jo Ann said...

What a wonderful heaven you have found here on earth -- you and your horses. I'm so happy you're having such a wonderful time. Lucky horses, lucky you.