Monday, July 6, 2009

I Love a Parade!


Last year's Fourth of July Parade in Valley City was really special. It was the first parade that Tim and I viewed with Daniel.
This year, the Liverpool Historical Society hosted the ceremony before the parade were the Historical Marker announcing Liverpool Twp (Valley City) as the first continuous settlement in Medina County.
Seba Bronson settled here from Columbia and his efforts were a "Hardscrabble". Hence the name of Hardscrabble at the intersection of Rt. 252 and Grafton Road. He worked the salt springs there and contributed to the town's success.
I was mistress of ceremonies for this prestigious event, and so Daniel was in the audience being accompanied by Suzie Neff, fund raising chair for the Bi-Centenniel which occurs in 2010. Then Daniel and I watched the parade. I love the music, the sirens, but most of all, I love the passing Flags.
"Stand up Daniel, here comes the American Flag...put your hand over heart and stand at attention when the flag passes". "Why Nana?"
Well, that is the next part of our education.

No comments: