Monday, August 24, 2009

With a little help from your friends!



















Early yesterday afternoon the phone rang. I answered and heard "Hi Judy, this is Traci Sampson". "Jeff (her husband) said he was talking with you at the horse show yesterday and you and said Tim was having trouble fixing your pickup truck. You know, Jeff is really mechanical and he will come over today or tomorrow to take a look at it and see if he can help Tim". "That's okay Traci, Tim is not going to be working on the truck, he is currently starting to take down the big willow tree in the back yard which is causing some septic problems with it's roots". "Okay, Jeff and Sam (their daughter Samantha who showed my mare Saturday at the horse show in Medina, and got another Blue Ribbon) will be right over to help with the tree".


"Judy, are you still there"?


Silence from my side of the phone call. Just tears falling down my cheeks.


"Yes, I'm still here, I don't know what to say". "Don't say anything" said Traci "You have paid your dues, Jeff and Sam will be over to help you in a few minutes".


What do you say to that?


I had already called our son Nathan to come help his Dad, and Nathan was on his way also.


You say: "Thank you Jeff and Sam, look what got done"

"Thank you son" " Dad and I really appreciate your taking your afternoon

off to come and help"

No comments: