Saturday, August 1, 2009



Yesterday I stopped to see my friend Jo Ann Wingfield in Wooster. Yesterday was the day the moving van arrived at their new home. She called me in the morning and said something akin to "stop me before I leap"!

I had to make a trip that way anyway so I stopped to bring a small bouquet of flowers, hopefully to put a little smile on her face.

She and I started to talk and something came up that I had forgotten about. I had gotten a speeding ticket recently, in Wooster. I was angry with myself for not paying attention, and had a lot on my mind. No excuse I know.

Jo Ann said she had only ever gotten one ticket, on her 21st birthday. You would have thought the policeman would have cut her a little slack. No way! Anyway, I was reminded of the day I was traveling on the shoreway into Cleveland to meet Tim at the Marriage License Bureau.

I was stopped for speeding, and was issued a ticket. On the way back from getting my marriage license, I was stopped on the other side of the shoreway, by the same policeman for speeding, and.....got a second ticket.

Tim was not happy. He knew someone at City Hall or someplace, and so when I went downtown to "pay" my ticket, someone at the desk gave me a "Pass Go, and get out of jail" card. After the passing of the ticket and fine etc, I piped up "what about the other ticket"? The kindly person behind the desk looked up with a shocked look on his face, and ...... you guessed it....he tore up the "Pass Go, and get out of Jail" card.

"Have a seat inside Mam'"

"Yes Sir".

Just pay the ticket and watch the pedal to the metal!

No comments: