Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My version of wealthy!




The last remnants of my latest commission check were spent frivously on what is shown above!
My new kitchen island with countertop overhang for eating space for five or six people!
I can hardly stand it! It is so beautiful and so, so efficient! I love it, and I have already made six batches of dough on it. Nathan and I visited the Habitat for Humanity Restore in Medina and purchased the island (used) which already had a counter top, and but we also purchased this larger counter top and Nathan attached it right over the original top. It is the perfect height for me to prepare food. The stools on the right side came from Target, and the one on the left came from my friend Joanne Dushenke, from her house in Millersburg.
One of the signs of Wealth is a full freezer, a full refrigerator, and a full pantry!
Ain't it purty?

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations. Nothing like a country kitchen, and you have a beautiful one. Looking forward to seeing it in person. xo

Unknown said...

WOW! Is that CUPBOARD space I see on that great island?! Maybe you can fill it with all your storage containers that have no matching lids! Woohoo!