Thursday, April 15, 2010

EEEEK a mouse!


but on a closer look it had no tail. What was this little furry thing quivering up against the wall in Country Club's stall? It moved. It hopped. Oh my gosh, it's a baby rabbit.
What to do next? I grabbed Club's feed bucket and carefully placed it in front of the little rabbit and carefully pushed the bedding up against it to encourage it to jump into the bucket. And it did.
I slowly picked up the bucket, and carried it out of the barn and over to the "mini forest" that separates our property's barn from Linda's property
next door. An assortment of overgrown pines of all sorts
and ground cover. I slowly placed the bucket on the ground
on it's side and jostled the baby out.
It's heart was racing and so was mine. I hope it found it's way home, or I hope Mommy found it.
Yes, I think his Mommy found him!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

You sweet gentle soul. I'm CERTAIN its mommy found it. xo