Thursday, July 22, 2010

Do you remember?

I was just reading through an old cookbook, waiting for 9:00 to come so I could put Daniel to bed with books.I sat bolt upright. There was a recipe for WallPaper Cleaner.

I remember cleaning wallpaper in the spring and the fall of the year when I was growing up. The stuff we used came in a can and it was green. Some of it was pink but I only remember the green.

It was the consistency of "Play Dough". I can almost sell it now! We would labor long and hard to clean the whole house from ceilings to floors. You rolled it in the shape of a sausage roll and "rolled" is down the walls.

Now that wall coverings are "vinyl coated" we just wash the stuff down (or not).

Ah, I remember it well!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

I don't remember that but then I don't think anyone in our neighborhood had wallpaper. What a cool memory