Friday, November 27, 2009

We celebrated being "thankful"


The day went off without a hitch. Well almost. After everyone was thinking about heading to their homes, Sarah came in from the garage fridge and proclaimed "we forgot the Waldorf Salad"! So, everyone got their take home containers out again and shoveled a little Waldorf Salad in.


Looking at the debris left after the guests (who had offered to help clean up) is a little like post partem depression. We gave birth to this wonderful gathering and feast, we had "labored" for two days, and poof....the deal is done and you sit there looking at the remains of the day. No pun intended.


I had lots of voices offering to help clean up the final phase, dessert plates, silver, wine glasses, more coffee cups and mugs, all the serving plates and bowls, but I said. "No thanks". "If you help me clean up, that will mean I physically have to start cleaning up myself, and I am not ready nor do I have the energy".


Just go and Peace be with you!
Besides, I have to think about making dinner with leftovers tonight.


No comments: