Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What a great Horse Show!


Well, the 14th Annual Medina County Board of Realtors Horse Show is "in the can". Another successful show was held on a beautiful sunny weekend at the Medina Fairgrounds.
Everything went off without a hitch....almost.
The highlight for me was seeing my grandson, Daniel Vas show in his first class. Leadline with his dad, Kevin holding the lead.
Daniel sat there waiting to come into the ring and said "I'm scared". His Dad replied, "it's okay to be scared, but I won't let anything happen to you and you will get into the ring and have a good time". Well, he did.
Sitting in the lineup he turned to the boy next to him and said "you don't have to be scared".
The boy replied. "I'm not scared this isn't my first time".
Daniel placed third out of eight.
What else was so special to me about this class? Daniel was riding in the saddle that we bought for Sarah's pony when Sarah was five.
It was a good day!

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Sounds like a day full of new and old memories. There's always something to cherish. Really happy it was such a good show. xo

Traci Von D said...

Dang -- that is SOOOOO cute. I'm sorry we missed that! Next time, for sure.