Thursday, February 17, 2011

I give up..

When something is on your mind, and it comes back to your brain everyday,
then it is time to take note.

My new cell phone, the 3G iPhone has been with me for a week and a half.
I have tried to master it. I really have. No go. It is too big, too cumbersome
for me to handle, too unweildly, too smart, to too.

I took it back yesterday and got this phone pictured to the right.
It has a slide out keyboard, and a protective case (which makes it a little
thicker but "hardier" when it gets dropped.) No data plan, no email, no bells, and only one whistle!

I found myself driving and being startled by the sounds of the phone.
It made a sound when an email arrived and it was un-nerving to me.
I could not ignore this phone. A ringing phone like a crying baby must
be addressed. It was a distraction and I could see the future in my
crystal ball. I would wreck something, me included, and God forbid, someone else.

So...bye bye Smart phone, welcome a little dumber phone to match my personality...I hope.

At least it fits into my pocket without making me walk stilted and stooped over.

One Stoop is enough!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Good for you. I would have done exactly the same thing. Mine is a "jitterbug" and you can't get more dumbed down than that!