Sunday, April 17, 2011

Take me out to the Ball Game

I know this sounds like an unlikely topic for me to blog about but please read on. A few weeks ago my daughter-in-law, Traci invited me to a luncheon meeting of the North Ridgeville Rotary. Having that time slot open I gladly accepted. I like spending time with my daughter-in-law and you know how much I love food, so this was a match made in heaven. The speaker for the event was Bob Dibiasio, Vice President of Public Relations for the Cleveland Indians Baseball Team. (Had I known that I probably would have "passed" on the event, but the speaker obviously accounted for all of the Indians Clothing and Ball Caps on the guests in the audience) I had a front row seat (me who knows nothing about baseball) so when Mr. Dibiasio stood at the lecturn, I politely turned my gaze to him wondering how long "this" was going to last. I have to tell you how surprised I was at my interest in his speech. He was easy, breezy, personable and enthusiastic in his presentation. I learned more things about the Indians, the draft, free agency, "big money" and Mr. Larry Dolan then I ever knew or ever hoped to know. Who knew? Certainly not me that I would thoroughly enjoy myself at the "presentation" part of the event. I was so very impressed with the speaker and his knowledge, the ease at which he spoke, the subject matter and who knew the interest piqued in me. I jokingly told Traci "I can hardly wait to spend time with my son Nathan (an avid Indians fan) at the ball game". Is there a "take your Mom out to the game day?" Wow, I wonder if I can get him to come and speak at a meeting of something that I belong to here in Medina? Well that about covers it....now I am going back to reading the Sunday Plain Dealer Sports Page!

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Play ball! That's what makes you so much fun -- you find something good in everything!

Anonymous said...

Not an Indians fan, Judy????