Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day three

I feel better.  I don't look better, but I feel better. There is a visible bulge in my lower left cheek.  I hate not being able to eat.

Yesterday, my daughter-in-law Traci stopped to see me around 5:00.  She was on her way to meet a new client and discuss their wedding plans (Traci is a wonderfully talented licensed Wedding Officiant). She was meeting them at a local restaurant here in Valley City.  She usually meets clients in Coffee Houses where the atmosphere is conducive to chatting.   Traci asked if I wanted her to bring me some food from the restaurant.
"Are you kidding"? said I.   I have spent the last almost three months eating soft food and chewing on the right side of my mouth.  I was going to take a chance on real food, not yogurt or applesauce.  "Sure, bring me a child's portion of spaghetti".  "Do you want salad with that"?  "No, I can't chew lettuce, my teeth don't meet".

That is the problem.  My teeth don't meet.  They can't even date.  The two lower broken molars have raised up from the jaw/gum line so nothing in my mouth lines up or touches.  Try chewing food that has any "non-give" to it without touching your teeth together.

At least, when I am at rest now, relaxed or asleep,  my teeth again are getting touchy feely with one another!

I ate the pasta.  Cut the penne up into five pieces per penne.  No meat or anything, just plain marinara.  It was heavenly.  The garlic bread was a no go, I didn't even attempt it.  The thought of a crumb touching the sutures made my hair stand up on end.  But she also brought me a cup of potato soup.  At least it had texture and I could just savor the flavor and then swallow.

I know this missive is way more graphic than you may want to read, however I am taking great joy in such a little thing. 

Chewing!
p.s.  when you need a dentist, don't put it off.  Put your big girl panties on and go!

2 comments:

=^..^= said...

You made me laugh today!:D Hope it doesn't hurt when YOU laugh though. On a serious note, that is very GOOD advice you gave in your postscript. The dentist is our friend. Make an overdue appointment today so you don't have to suffer a lot MORE later ...!

Jo Ann said...

Good advice. So glad you're getting better and that your teeth are trying to meet in the middle. It's amazing what little things we just take for granted. You're a trooper.
xo