Monday, February 13, 2012

Going for a new world record, the tree that is

The Christmas Tree is undecorated.  The ornaments, candles, tinsle garland and all the toys and beads are safely packed away in their storage boxes.  The boxes are stacked five feet high in the little room next to my office.

The tree is disassembled lying on the floor in the living room, three sections in all.  One section, the top I can handle alone, the middle and bottom sections  I can't.

Tim came home off of the road on Friday afternoon and I asked him if he could put the Christmas ornaments and the tree away in the attic over the garage.

His answer "I told you that tree was too big, if you wanted a tree that big you should have bought a live one".  "It won't fit up in the attic over the garage."  And then he went on to do his own chores leaving the tree on the floor in the living room.

Hmmm...Valentine's Day is tomorrow, maybe Sarah and I can stand it up and decorate it with red and pink paper hearts, then there will be St. Paddy's Day, with the wearin' of the green, Easter with multi-colored plastic eggs, Cinco de Mayo with small sombreros, flags for the Fourth, then Fall leaves, Turkeys and pumpkins and.....Christmas again.

We don't use that part of the house again until Thanksgiving. 
I may have solved the storage problem!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

I have a girlfriend who did exactly that. When the husband wouldn't remove the tree she decorated it for Valentine's Day. Men. I'm telling you.