Friday, May 4, 2012

"Welcome Back...

.......Kotter", should be the title of this post.  I attended a fund raiser last night at the Eagles in Medina.
Realtor Political Action Committee puts on this fundraising dinner and live auction every year.
I have attended every event since I became a realtor 25 years ago.

Last night's function had a Pirate Theme (as opposed to the Margaritaville theme it has had for so many years.  Committee members came dressed as Pirates, but no Johnny Depp look- a- likes.  The food was good and it was catered by Terry Jones of Eileen's Catering (no more Eileen's Cafe and Catering, she sold the cafe) anyway, it was totally amazing to me that people came up to me and said "I just heard you had a heart attack, How are you?"

In Facebook, Texting etc vernacular...OMG!
I could not believe such a volume of people would come up and hug me, say they were so glad to see me, ask me how I was feeling, and on and on.  My friend Anita who also had her heart attack a week after me was there with her husband Russ and she and I felt like we truly mattered to people.

It was a very humbling experience.  Very humbling.  People I have known over the years who are professionals and who I have a professional relationship with, were just "gushy".

Unbelievable really.  I was very, very touched and thinking to myself.  "Glad to see you too....really!"
Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back.

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

You had one of those rare opportunities to find out how people feel about you and to learn that you are loved and valued more than you ever dreamed. If anyone is deserving to know the love they inspire in others, it is you. xo

=^..^= said...

Yes, thank God you survived this ordeal (some might call it a "test") because your time is not yet "up". No doubt, you still have a lot more to do in this lifetime. Most people who have a cardiac attack DON'T live to tell about it, but I suspect that, like my mother, you are just too stubborn to go without a fight. We're all really happy about that Whiz Kid! Much Love from Dene & Dee xXx