Monday, April 30, 2012

True Confessions - part Five

"Can I go home today?"
  "Let me check". 
"Not today, we can't get your blood pressure stabilized."
"Why not?"
"It takes awhile for the right dose of medicine."

And again, and again they pulled out the old blood pressure cuff.
Each time it squeezed and made black and blue bruises on my
upper arm.  The pediatric cuff was much more comfortable on
my forearm and very little bruising.  Still up and down, up and down.

How did I let this happen to me?  You see, I blame myself for not
seeing the signs.  However, I now understand the "signs" of this heart
attack coming were very subtle and slow.  Apparently, several years
have gone by since the blockage started and I just attributed my
 "slowing down" to my advancing age. 

Not so.  Apparently we all have the same frame of mind as we get older,
slowing down was a state of mind with me...just push harder, that's all
I needed to do.  My priority list was long and my energy was getting
short.

Here's the kicker...I am not Wonder Woman!
 I know, I found it hard to believe too!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Don't even SAY that. Of course you are Wonder Woman.

I don't think anything will make you feel old quite like a couple of days in the hospital.

Put it behind you and embrace your new lease on life.

Are too Wonder Woman. Are too. xo