Tuesday, April 17, 2012

True Confessions-part four

Nothing even remotely ceremonial about the shearing of my groin area.  Zip,  zip, clip, clip, gone in the blink of an eye.  But, only partially.  Duh, have you ever seen a Bikini bottom????  Oh well.

The procedure started with some form of "let us allow you to relax" and so I was hooked up to something.

I did not feel a thing.  Well, not really, but yes I did.  Sensation would be the word I guess.  (I forgot to describe the feelings of heat throughout my body from the CT Scan dye, but I digress).  I felt pressure, movement, feathery stuff and the finale was "That's it, all done" said the surgeon as he pulled the catheter out...whish, whoosh, whish.  Felt it leaving a trail out of my arm.  I believe I was out of my room until abter 7:30 p.m.  Now remember...no food since Wednesday.  My stomach thought my throat was cut!
Bundled up and trundled back to the room where I was hooked up the assortment of medical spaghetti and machines and alarms.  More blood drawn, at last, food...well not exactly...heart healthy after the kitchen was closed does not a Food Network Star make.

I shushed my family home and settled down for a long nap, however, the bells and whistles had other plans.  The hospital is noisier than an airport.  Really?  Can a person take a snooze around here?

No, and that's the final answer on Jeopardy...

More in a day or two!

No comments: