Sunday, April 15, 2012

True Confessions Part three

Not on your life is right!  Just when I had been lulled into a false sense of security (it will be Monday so I can relax) there was a knock on the room door and three folks dressed in green scrubs entered saying "We are ready for you in the Cath Lab"....Oh yea.  It happened so quickly that I did not have time to prepare, object, flinch or protest "what about Monday"?  Zip zip around corners into an elevator and voila, into the bowels of the hospital (which looked slightly like Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmare with the exception that it was clean.)  Very industrial looking and people dressed in skull caps and masks.  Just as I was put into place next to the operating table the double doors opened and entered Dr. Cho.  She was dressed in printed scrubs, a lab coat and print skull cap.  She apparently was the one in charge.  "Good Evening and how are you, blah, blah, blah and then "you will have to wait, we have an emergency that just came in".  Back to Monday?, oh no, you just stay right here and I will get to you as soon as I can.
Aw shit!
Dr. Ryan, the redheaded Dr. finally came in and said "Okay Judy, can you slide over onto the operating table?"  Sure, can you?

The one trump card that I had was "I would like the procedure to be done through my wrist please".  Three skull capped heads turned in unison, "what"?  said they.  "You know, Dr. Cho wants to do the procedure in the groin..."Well Dr. such and such, with the bow tie said I could have the procedure done through my wrist" said I.  All production seemed to stop momentarily, a pregnant pause I believe you would call it.

"Okay then, the procedure is only 90 to 93 % effective some of the time".

"That's okay, I'll take my chances" said I.

"Okay then, but we will still prepare your groin in case we run into a problem".

Fine then I thought...just as the nurse turned on the industrial sized clippers.....

More later

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Something tells me they weren't going to shave your wrist.

=^..^= said...

I think Jo Ann is right about that Judy!! (heheheh)

Have been following this saga from the beginning now, and sharing your blog with my mother, who is also concerned for your well being.

Sure hope you realize that even Superwoman has to slow down and take care of herself too!