Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yo' Adrienne!

Day four....after I took a hit from Jerry, the Grey Gelding.  A freak accident.  I was taking his bridle off in the grooming stall, Katie was standing next to him on the same side, as I unclipped the cross-tie to free the halter and bridle he just flipped his head to the left, clipping me on the bone over my eyeball.

The sound was like a loud "crack" of a hammer striking a nail in a board.  Just one quick shot.
No one yelled "Fore" or "Duck" so I didn't.

The son of a bee hurt like hell.  I left the stall and walked halfway down the barn aisle so as not to
scare Katie, I guess that may have been a moot point.  Anyway, it immediately started to swell, swell and swell some more. 

It looked like I was smuggling a golf ball under my eyelid.  I got some ice from the concession stand and applied it for the required 20 minutes at a time.  Sunglasses covered it up but the next morning, I could not open my eyelid, it was swollen shut over my eye.  So, a bag of frozen peas from the RV freezer did the trick enough so that I could drive home from Springfield.

Remember...I am on a blood thinner and so the look is worse than the feel.  Well, almost.

Jerry, the gelding did go into the championship class and place third.  He should have won it, but he was hanging his head down with remorse!

There is no amount of cosmetic concealer that can cover up this puppy!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

OH you poor thing. It looks horrible and I flinch every time I look at it. At least you look glamorous in your sunglasses.