Friday, May 8, 2009

If it looks like a duck!


I don't even read the paper or watch the news. First of all, it is depressing, and I prefer to live in lala land anyway, but if I am missing out on stuff, I just read my friend Jo Ann's blog to catch up on whats happening in the world. She spoke about the Oprah show that was airing on Thursday, yesterday May 7. I watched the Oprah show yesterday to see Elizabeth Edwards, wife of John Edwards talk about the book she has written and is on the shelves today.
How sad, and how brave, and how honorable. I'd have done things differently, I am sure. You can forgive, but you never can forget.
Okay, let's tell the little wife, about my indescretion (???? sounds like adultery to me, indescretion my fat patoot!) she has terminal cancer and probably won't be with us long!
If it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it is probably a jackass in a duck suit!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

I agree with everything you said but it seems to me she didn't enhance her image any by throwing him under the bus.

Maybe she's at the point in her rapidly shortening life that evening the score is more important than grace.

I'd have handled it differently too. Not necessarily better, but certainly differently.

I'm at the stage of life where I'd rather my husband had sex with another woman than want to hold her hand, but that's just me.