Monday, December 21, 2009

Friends and Family

Friday morning I met with six realtor friends for breakfast
at Bob Evans Restaurant. We sat down at 9:30 a.ml and
did not get up to leave until 11:30! Seven of us are left from
the original group that all started our careers at Realty One in Brunswick. Two of them are retired, one owns her own Brokerage now, one started a few years after the rest of us.

Yet we still remain friends. We all had stories to tell about our "present" and our past. Funny transactions, good sales stories, horror stories as well.

Coincidentally, it was my birthday and so unexpectedly all the wait staff came to sign Happy Birthday and present me with a huge cake with my name on it. One of the girls brought the
cake complete with sprinkles of candy canes and gingerbread men.

We all promised to get together next month. We 'll see if that happens. The market is rough right now and sales are really down. In fact they are almost non existent. Our sales board at the office is touting "one" sale for the month of Dec.

Later in the day, my kids and their spouses took Tim and I out to dinner for my birthday. The restaurant was called "Steak on a Stone". Located on Lorain Road in North Olmsted it was a "dining" experience.

The entrees are brought to each diner on a platter that holds a square heated stone. (750 degrees of heat) The steak is placed on the stone in the kitchen, brought to the diner at the table, the meat is flipped over on it's other side, and the waitress proceeds to instruct you on how to eat it. Very, very interesting! It was a great experience, and the steak was so good! There are other entree items that come on the stone also, shrimp, scallops, lamb, pork chops etc. Very unique dining experience! The restaurant is primarily Greek with an extensive menu that does not include "stone" cooking.

So I guess you could say I had to cook my own birthday dinner!

No comments: