Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A "Me" Day!


Well another "Me" day crept up on me yesterday. I had been gone for three days announcing a Horse Show and Tim had left to go to Solon, Ohio then on to Richmond Hts. to pick up a load and deliver to Virginia. It was cool and rainy and I walked over to the barn to feed the horses at 9:30 and walked out of the barn at 1:00. I puttered around with the horses, raked the aisle, and swept out the hay storage room. Got Country Club out, spruced him up some, same to Chief. Those long tails needed a serious brushing, the manes too. I took the broom to cobwebs and swept walls down. I even went into our barn, got the leaf blower and came back to the barn and "blew the remnants of hay and debris off the rubber aisle mats. No phone calls came in and none went out. A quick bite to eat and then I went up to Sarah's and watched her work horses until students started to arrive for lessons. After they all started to tack up and get on, I decided to ride my mare Zana. I haven't ridden since October. Time and energy are not necessarily arriving together these days.


So I rode, cleaned her up, looked at the clock and it was almost 5:30. Just as I was pulling into the garage I got a call from my neighbor. "Are you alone tonight"? Yes I am said I. "Come on over for supper"!


I fed the horses and walked over with Tobey to enjoy Brunswick Stew and salad.


What a good, cold rainy day!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the day -- you were with friends from dawn til dusk.