Thursday, May 27, 2010

The "News" that I wish would go away

Yesterday morning I was watching Channel 8 News in the Morning when I saw a videao of unmentionable cruelty to animals. There was a hidden video camera place at the Conklin Dairy Farm which is located in the Columbus area. The video was recorded by a rescue/humane group and filmed unspeakable cruelty to the cows and calves on this farm.

The image of a young calf being abused by a man who repeatedly stomped it's head onto the floor with his foot a half adozen times, and then walked away and then returned and kicked the calf in it's head again made my stomach wretch. The abuse to the cows was brutal.

All day long the visual came into my mind. Again and again it flashed before my eyes. The video is on the Fox 8 website.

The comment from the Dairy Management was "the offenders will be fired" among other statements.

Fired! They don't need to be fired. The "eye for an eye" applies to this case.

I am not a violent person but I would secretly like to be in the same room with these offenders for just a few minutes. They want to repeatedly punch a cow in her udder, they would not know what hit them!

Five minutes, just five minutes.

What kind of person does that to an animal?

No comments: