Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This is one of my favorite holidays. I love Halloween!
I mean, I really love Halloween!

So much so, that when my children were growing up, they and I participated in Halloween costumed to the hilt!

Even the year Nathan was born, (1970) we dressed him up in a little Devil costume and took him Trick or Treating!
He was only two and half weeks old!

The tradition of my dressing up and parading with the children has continued, and this year, I will dress as a witch, accompany Sarah and Daniel to Traci and Nathan's house for trick and treating. I will help Traci and Sarah pass out treats to the neighborhood children, while Nathan and Daniel go door to door and beg for treats!

What fun! This year Daniel will be dressed as an Astronaut, to go along with his current "I want to be an Astronaut when I grow up" theme!

Sarah dressed as the grundgy "Aunt Scurvy" Daniel's alledged pirate aunt, and she went to the
Day Care Halloween party. "That's Daniel's Mom" declared some little girl in the class. "She is not" said Daniel "she's my Aunt Scurvy"! "Sorry Mom"! he said.

May it never, never end!

(Photo, 2007 when Daniel and his Mom picked a pumpkin from the patch that Tim and I planted especially for the joy of this little boy!)

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Daniel is the luckiest little boy on the planet. I'm with you about Halloween though, I love it. I'm dressed as a witch too and the courtyard is decorated with lights, ghosts, pumpkins and skeletons. I can't wait!