Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Phone

Yesterday morning proved me right.  There was no phone delivered by USPS or anybody for that matter.
I don't give a rat's behind at this point whether I have a cell phone or not.  But, it is the number posted on the electronic sign in the middle of Brunswick busy four corner intersection, and it has been published in the newspapers as well.  Help Ring the Bell, call 330-760-1623 Red Kettle.  It doesn't ring, it doesn't churp, it doesn't burp.  It does nothing!

Back to the AT&T store in Medina.  Head scratching, finally they dialed the number for customer service.
I spoke with "Jenny".  "Peggy" of Capitol One's TV commercial's sister.  Could not understand her.  Did not care to understand her, just went through the motions of the call.  Then she wanted a phone number at which she could contact me.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5,,,,,,,,All to no avail. (Jenny, Peggy's sister said I should have it by Tuesday the 20th)  There is no service center near Medina, so I  could not drive somewhere and pick up a phone.  Sigh!

Wait a minute.  Leslie, the gal that was helping me this time said "there is a service center on Mayfield Road".  They opened up a magical drawer and pulled a paper with the address on it, out of said drawer.

I programed the address into my GPS  started out and said to myself "I just don't care anymore, I feel like crap and I am going home to lie down".  I stopped at our mail box and voila, there it was.  Turned around and went back to the store.  Leslie transferred all the data, phone stuff and photos.  Only, the photos would not transfer.  Not the first time, not the second time, not the third time. 

Thanks Leslie, give me the damn phone and I'm out of here.

P.S.  the battery that was in the old phone looks like it has water damage.

Ya' think!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

You need a new phone company as much as you need a new phone. Bah.