Saturday, March 21, 2009

..when the red red robin, comes bob, bob, bobbin' along!


My friend Jo Ann wrote about the first day of spring being less than disappointngly spring like and about not seeing any robins.
Well, here in Valley City, they are bobbin' along everywhere. My spirits are finally up after the last weekend, and I am so looking forward to Easter.
This year it is arriving early, but I am going to be prepared this time. No last minute baking and hiding eggs, and getting the decorations out. I am going to be ahead of the game.

I have all the ingredients for making pierogie's (Polish Dumplings) that my Grandma used to make. Her recipe for dough is outstanding, and I have witnesses to attest to that fact. I am actually going to make some today. The list of "gift recipients" is getting longer. I have requests for Potato, Potato Cheese, Saurkraut, Spinach/Artichoke, and some fruit fillings.
So folks (you know who you are) get your requests in early!
P.S. I am grinding walnuts for homemade nut rolls, and some poppy seed as well!

No comments: