Sunday, March 1, 2009

Give me my &*#@$% Senior Discount!

I have a friend who recently made a purchase at a store that she does not frequent very often. Upon folding the receipt/invoice to place in her purse she noticed that the clerk had given her a "senior discount"! My friend was upset. She neither asked for it, or expected it.



She thought as she surveyed the clerk's heavy makeup and did not say "Do your friends from High School Still Call you Pizza Face"!



I was really rattled when I read this account. Not only was I rattled, but I was good and pee ohhed! Not a very Christian thought nor a ladylike one either.



Thank God, I can get the discount without asking (which is sometimes embarressing while you stand at the cash register with a myriad of folks standing patiently, or not so patiently in line.)

I'm 66 and proud of it! Yes, I look 65 I know, but I am grateful for each and every line, wrinkle, sag and bag. I have lived a lot of life, and look forward to living a lot more.



Perhaps my friend just was having a bad day. Perhaps not, but I shall give her the benefit of the doubt anyway; she is a baby boomer, but a little younger than me. Maybe we need to have a skin peel, or a facial, or maybe, we just need to do our best and be gracious about the whole age thing!



Thanks for not asking and giving me the discount anyway.

In these times, I'll take what I can get!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

we've earned every wrinkle, laugh line and age spot, and will continue to wear them proudly. The discount is just another badge of honor.