Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Inquiring minds...


.........want to know. At least some inquiring minds want to know. I had the opportunity to meet this woman, Amy Chorew, at the Ohio Association of Realtors Winter Conference on Sunday afternoon.


Now, I have taken a class or two with her. She left an impression on me then also. The impression that she left was this: She is incredibly bright, intelligent and a Tech savvy genius, while I on the other hand am a slow, plodding slug- -like person who has no apptitude for tech skills at all.


Well, I actually have some skills, I just don't have the same type of skills. My skills are: I can get up in front of a crowd of people, friends and foe alike and speak. Sometimes I make people laugh. Go figure! I do not speak from "scripts". I just speak. That is why there is always the danger lurking that the words are not always "G" in rating.
As my friend Linda of Louisville says, "we all have our gifts".

Hers are connected to small incredible black objects and mine are connected to my mouth.

I can make people smile and she can make people smile and text at the same time.

(actually, she is a huge supporter of NOT texting while driving, which is a big Hallelujah (sp?) from me.

Actually, I can't wait to go buy a smart phone. After seeing her whiz through some pretty intense apps that are available, I can only hope that when that little black box enters my life I will grasp it and run with it instead of running over it. (see previous blog regarding my most recent experiences with ATT)

As I pointed out to Amy in the the short session that she taught, I am from the farm and the biggest danger to a smart phone, or any phone (It would appear I now own a "dumb" phone)
is it's life expectancy is fairly short. Falling out of my pocket while I drive a tractor, or lawn tractor (I have driven the lawn tractor into the pond on one occassion and I have driven over the phone with the mower blades running)or falling out as I mount my horse, or dropping it into a water bucket in the barn or while I am up in the hay loft are all distinct possibilities.

The last time I went to the AT&T store to get a replacement phone the gal at the store mistakenly asked me if I had a duplicate SIM card. Say what?

You all get it don't you? I can see you smirking now.

Until a short time ago I thought FACEBOOK was the autobiography of Elizabeth Arden!

Cheers everyone, text me after reading!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

I can SO relate to being technically challenged. I can find my way around a computer pretty well but my phone is a JITTERBUG. It doesn't text, it doesn't forward, it doesn't have call waiting.

The phones may be smart but it'll take a while for some of us to catch up.