Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ole' and Buenas (Buenos) Noches y Buenas (Buenos)Dias etc!


This photo was taken last year at the Medina Board of Realtors Chili Cookoff. I won first place for the Howard Hanna Office in Brunswick.
This year (photo coming) I participated representing the office and we came in "second", out of twelve offices.
This year we kicked it up a notch' by adding a half of a potato/cheddar sauteed pierogie as a garnish on the top of the sample cup. The chili filled the 4 oz. styrofoam cup and the half pierogie topped the chili like a "sail". Garnishes of cheese, sour cream and crackers were available. A huge thank you to my office for providing the money to purchase the ingredients, and a huge "thank you" to Tim Rhodes, my Howard Hanna Mortgage rep. for purchasing the 10#'s of meat, beer and fresh limes that go into my special recipe!
Thanks to Mollie Pfister, Karen Tittel, and Jan Ivory for their help at the event, and a HUGE thank you to Dave Ivory and Tim Rhodes for manning the electric saute' skillet and cutting board. (I made 10 dozen pierogies for the event) They prepared my pierogies and sliced and topped the chili cups. All donned latex gloves and looked so professional. I could not have done the work without you all!
People were surprised to see our product and were delighted to enjoy them!
Brunswick Rocks (Tangos if you will)
Gracias amigos and senoritas!
Yeah Howard Hanna Brunswick!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

What fun! Good for you, and what a creative idea to put a pierogi on top of the chili. Looking forward to the picture.