Saturday, January 8, 2011

O M G!


I went back to the A T & T Store promtly after speaking with Wendy.

I spotted her the minute I came through the door. Very stoic face,
hard to tell her emotions by looking on her face.

"Do you have an extra SIM card with you?"

(She's kidding right? )

"No, I surely don't" said I with a smile on my face (Don't get in her face, don't
get in her face etc.) I had vowed to be pleasant on the trip back to the store.

Wendy looked up at me and said "I think I can fix this".
"Have at it" said I.

She took my phone, fiddled with it, played with it and finally got up from her
chair and proceeded to get on her hands and knees in front of each trash can
behind the counter and take out every piece of paper, trash and gum wrapper.

She found three SIM Cards in the last trash can. Pulling them out (from the bottom
of the can..assuming they wiggled their way down, down, down) and placed them
on the counter. "I think yours was blue and yellow like this one" said she.

Well lo and behold. It was mine. She placed it in something on the computer, played
around with it, looked up and said "Von Duyke"? "You bet" said I.

"This is yours"!. Placing it into the innerds of the phone carefully and handing it back
to me.

She declared "This was totally my fault, I don't know what is the matter with me today.
I am so sorry".

Well okay then.

"If I couldn't find your data I would be sitting here crying".
"Me too" said I. "On second thought, you and I would be out of here and over at Applebees' drinking away our sorrows" said I.

She readily agreed.

Okay, A T & T got a reprieve!

No comments: