Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yesterday

I was out in the barn yesterday afternoon when Bruce came walking out from the house. I had borrowed his mower (belt off of mine) to finish mowing our grass. I was hosing the grass off of it when he said "don't do that, I'm going to mow and get it all crapped up again".

"Oh, okay then". said I.

"I just talked to Dr. Milligan. They removed the stomach tube from Country Club his stomach is assimilating the contents, so they don't have to pump the fluid out anymore. He is looking out the window and he nickered". I put my head down and started to cry.

You know that I lost my mare Zana in January due to a form of colic. I was not financially able to send her to have surgery. I breaks my heart every time I think of it. I couldn't do what was right for her.

I told Bruce "I didn't pray for Country Club's recovery.....it didn't work when Zana was sick".

I feel guilty saying that, I hope God will forgive me. I have asked for prayers from others, but I have said none of my own.

Thank you all for your prayers for him, they have obviously caught God's ear. Thank you all.

Bruce's bill will probably be between $11,000 and $13,000. Club is 18 years old, a gelding and my friend.
Thank you Bruce.
Thank you God.

No comments: