Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A rose by any other name......


My neighbors Bruce and Linda Vaughn are currently babysitting or rather dog sitting a miniature Schnauzer for friends. Cute litte dog named "Buddy".
Buddy is a typical schnauzer, curious, pulling out things, and he has been socialized to a large extent. Than what is his problem? He yips!
I can't open the side door to my house, take my dog out, start a car, walk in the drive etc without the incessant "Yip, Yip, Yip" coming from next door. When they are not home, he still Yips! Sometimes he Yips for over an hour! It is very, very annoying!
So, in haste the other day, my dog Toby and I both headed into the fenced in yard, my mind on something else other than the mission I was on and as I got to the back door of Linda's house, here came the Holy terror Yipping away and armed for bear! (I dont' take Toby over to Linda's house when the schnauzer is in residence, too much yipping and back hair standing up etc) Linda was in hot pursuit of the rascal when in a moment of losing her mind, she said loudly, "let him out".
Now this was a study in opposites, as we have never let the two dogs meet head on! Jack, Linda's beagle joined in the mix and they were off to the races. I held my breath awaiting the inevitable attack!
There was none! "Yippy Skippy" (which is what Bruce and Linda call the little dog) ran head on into Toby......and shut up! Toby the gentle dog was so excited to see the new pup he wagged all over. They ran and chased and played. Yea Gads!
So, it just goes to show.......there is credence to the saying: "All bark and no bite"!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

The only way Toby would ever hurt another dog or human either, for that matter, would be if he fell on them. Sweet boy.