Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The ultimate friend!!


My next door neighbor, Linda Vaughn is a peach of a friend. We have lived next to each other since July 1, 1990, and ...... we are still friends.
I came across this photo and it made me smile. Look closely, it is a photo of Linda with her head down on her arm, snoozing!
Back up here. in 1997, I was President of the Medina County Board of Realtors, and I was allowed to choose a "fundraiser" for the Board.
My comment "you ain't gonna' like it"! Of course the fundraiser was a Horse Show. Well, we are approaching the 13th Annual Medina County Board of Realtors Horse Show, at the Medina Fairgrounds on Sat June 26th and Sunday June 27th. The two day, all day events have grown and grown into a "premier" event locally for horse enthusiasts.
My dear friend Linda was drafted by me to be the "Show Secretary" (a job requiring lots of clerical skills, a tatooed on smile, arrival 1 hour before the event starts, and leaving after the last horse has left the grounds". What is amazing is this: Linda is neither a Show Secretary, or a Realtor, or a Realtor affiliate. She is Linda, (sometimes called the Fairy Godmother to my children) a Nursery School Director, a non horse person, (her name appears on the registration papers of several of the horses that her husband Bruce exhibits) and a non-rider.
But what she is is: A damn good sport, someone that I can count on, and a terrific friend.
You know the kind........the person who still stays your friend, even in spite of who you are!
The job is hot, tedious and exhausting....as you can see. She has to stay cooped up in this little "hut" of a building all day long with the heat and the dust pouring in.
But she is gearing up for this year's event.......as always!
Kudos to friends who are true blue like Linda Vaughn

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

It's been my experience that people who ARE such friends, HAVE such friends. xo