Monday, June 22, 2009

The writing is on the .........


..........sidewalk! This is one of my favorite photos of all time. Tim and Daniel using our cement driveway as an "Easel".
I was reminded of this photo yesterday, Father's Day. Tim is a good Father, and a good Grandfather! He was not in town to celebrate with his kids and grandchild but he was in our thoughts as we celebrated with a barbeque at Nathan and Traci's house.
While I had the morning to myself, I started cleaning the garage in preparation for our annual garage sale. Lo and behold, I came upon a big box of Daniel's sidewalk chalk. Hence the photo above. I fondled the chalk for a few seconds and a vision came to me of two other small children writing and drawing on the sandstone porch of our farmhouse along with a much adoring, and much younger man with a mustache.
Sigh!
Those are the things that pop up in my mind, but Lord knows where I was going this morning when I walked into the living room, or what I was looking for!
Those things I can't remember!

No comments: