Friday, January 22, 2010

"Hello, is this the Tooth Fairy?"

The highlight of my otherwise stressful week (Uncle Don Passing
away on Sunday, Nathan being hospitalized with a Blood Clot in his leg,
Tim having his second Bladder Treatment in the three set series) came
on Tuesday morning.

I was in the bathroom, brushing teeth, blow drying hair, applying makeup etc. when my cell phone rang. I looked at the screen and
it displayed "Sarah". I answered just a plain "hello" instead of "Hello, this is Judy". Sarah's voice spoke
"Is this the Tooth Fairy"?
I paused trying to assimilate what she had said. "Pardon Me" I said.
Again she repeated
/"Is this the Tooth Fairy"?
So in a high falsetto
voice I replied "Yes it is".

Apparently her phone was then put on "speaker" and I heard the following
statement. "There is a little boy here that would like to speak with the
Tooth Fairy".
"Okay" said the Tooth Fairy in her high squeeky voice.
(apparently while Daniel was eating his breakfast, his mother was talking
on the phone. He asked "Is that the Tooth Fairy" "No, it's your Daddy".
After hanging up with Kevin, Sarah asked Daniel if he wanted to talk to
the Tooth Fairy because she knew the Tooth Fairy's phone number.
Hence the call!

Daniel got on the phone and said hello to the Tooth Fairy. He then went
on to tell her that he was going to lose a tooth but he wanted her to know
that he did not want any money for the tooth when the Fairy came to pick
it up to give to another child who needed a tooth. He wanted a Whistle instead!
His instructions were very specific:

"I will sleep with my mouth open so you can see I really lost a tooth"
"I will put the tooth in a box and put it under my pillow"
"I will leave you a note to remind you I want a whistle instead of money"

The Tooth Fairy replied "I will bring you a whistle if I find that you don't have
any toilet accidents like peeing your pants in preschool because you are too busy
to take time to go to the bathroom" "Okay?"

Well, you can fill in the rest of the happenings of day from there!

I later found out that his eyes popped open really wide at the "toilet habits comment".

Apparently his mother explained that the Tooth Fairy knew the Diaper Fairy, so that explained
that statement!

Ah, these are indeed sweet times!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Sweet times for sure, right when you needed them. This story made me cry happy little tears. Thanks for sharing it.