Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble

I got that right. Washer developed a transmission leak.
Already had it fixed 4 times for various reasons, and this
was the second transmission.
I discovered this when I found a wet utility room floor.
(no shoes).

The leak had to be repaired, then the decision to fix or replace.
Well replace won.
Shop at Home Depot. Hmmm, not sure, the one I wanted was on
sale for $499. Tim says "are you sure that's the one you want?"
"Yes" says I. "Are you sure, there are more to look at over on
this side.....and cheaper too".
"No" says I.

Back and forth between stores until I finally went to Home
Appliance in Brunswick. Did not have time to really chat with
the staff and they were busy anyway. Back to Home Depot
"I'll take one of those"! "The factory can deliver sometime after
May 31st". "No way" says I.

Back to Home Appliance, except their store in Lodi.
"Where's the scratch and dent" dept?
Found what I wanted. Priced at $449.00
Delivery an extra $59.99.
"NO thanks, my husband said he will be here tomorrow
and pick it up and install it."
Also, a new laundry sink was in the making too so a simple
task took over two full days to do.

Ah ha! First load, I read the book and started her up!
Water everywhere, and suds, suds, suds!
I had purchased the special HE detergent and following
the directions to a "T".

Service call yesterday. Too many suds, too much detergent.
Three rinse cycles later we are all ready to go.
"No more than 2 tablespoons of detergent M'am"
Sigh!
All the laundry plus 14 bath towels (which mopped up the water)
and all the underwear, jeans coloreds etc which had been systematically
piled in piles on the laundry room floor.

Oh well, it uses less water (no pun intended there) and less detergent,
and it is quieter, and more efficient and oh yes, it will have a mold problem
since the door has a seal, so the door must be propped open when not in
use.

All things a salesman should have told a consumer......had they been a woman!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Doesn't it make you miss Elmer from Medina Appliance more than ever? We bought everything from him -- some things out of a sales catalog on his recommendation -- and we were never disappointed. Glad you have a new washer but it should have been easier.