Friday, November 18, 2011

My old - all time love (besides the obvious that is)



My all time love is Chocolate!


Not just all chocolate, which of course is a given, but the yellow box labeled Whitman's Sampler in it's familiar old fashioned script is the best.


As a child, a box of chocolates held a magic spell for me. Little did I know about too much sugar, too much candy, too much indulgence and too too much. I would sneak a peek and just marvel at the separate little paper crinkles holding a wonderous array of my favorite things. I don't just eat a piece of candy and pass it on...I eat it until I can't eat any more, then I take one more piece. I love all chocolate, Russell Stover, Godiva, Giardelli, Queen Ann Cordial Cherries, you name it, and I crave and covet it.


No one in my family ever buys me a box of chocolates. I don't know why, that is just an easy pleezey gift for me. Maybe because they know I will eat it until it's gone. I have been known to eat a 40 oz. bag of Hershey's Kisses in one day. I could enter a contest!


My friend Joanne came up from Wooster yesterday to attend the annual Holiday Auction for the Women's Council of Realtors luncheon held at Fox Meadows Country Club. We gabbed a bit, ate lunch and then got down to the auction. Jim Blair of Seville was the auctioneer and when this item above came up for bid I shouted "Don't anyone else dare to bid on this" and opened the bidding at $50! Immediately, my friend Joanne bid! She bid until she won the item (she leaned over and whispered, "Don't bid, I'll buy it and give it to you"!


What a woman! She in fact did give me the goods and they are thus far happily stored in a safe place, known only to me. Ha!


p.s. She also gave me a very, very large check for the Salvation Army Christmas Stockings Program that I manage. You are a good woman Joanne, a good woman, and a five-star chocolate covered friend!



"Anyone want to borrow my Tee Shirt"?

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

I love you,Judy. You do so much for others
that it felt good just once to be able to do something for you. xo