Thursday, November 3, 2011

Restaurant Review

















My friend Jo Ann blogs restaurant reviews when she and her husband Michael try a "new" one.

Last night, I went with neighbors Bruce and Linda to attend the dinner/meeting of the Buckeye Walking Horse Association in Fairlawn.

Yellowtail Japanese Seafood Restaurant is located on Rt. 18, just east of the Rt. 77 interchange in a strip shopping center which contains Home Depot, Dick's Sporting Goods, and an assortment of some open or closed restaurants, and some smaller shops.


The feeling was "cool" as I walked in. Lots of glass, natural wood, clean lines and contemporary sublety. The rear of the restaurant in an "open bar" effect with a very large, large buffet.

Included is a "Hibachi" section with lots of raw foods to be cooked to order, an appetizer section, salad section, sushi/sashimi section and a dessert section.

No mounds of food at each station, just enough to let you know that "fresh or hot/cold" is more important that quantity. Lots of subtle refilling of tasteful trays of food. I thought it was very tasty, clean and plentiful. Ceramic trays/plates were placed on ice and the food was artistically arranged. I took much longer to fill my plate than it normally would because I was looking and admiring the "art". Shredded cabbage lay on platters and the item was placed on top of the cabbage. Lots of steamed seafood, shellfish and mussells.

Although I am not a seafood fan, I was almost tempted to try it. It was so beautiful. The names were intriguing and the colors and sights were like entering a modern museum.

I would go back again and take my family.

Dinner buffet was $15.99. Clams, mussels, oysters on the half shell, crab legs and shrimp.

I was Bruce and Linda's guest, so the meal was complimentary, but it was worth the money.

Green tea served in a large handle-less mug was very good and we had a private room in the front of the restaurant with lots of light, and clean tables, chairs and floors.

A waitress that hustled and was quite quiet and demure completed the picture.

Yellow Tail Inc
4054 Medina Road, Akron, OH 44333
(330) 666-9988 () ‎





1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Oh my. I had no idea that restaurant was there. Going to put it on my "list" -- thanks for the review.