Friday, November 25, 2011

Relatives both close and not so close

Marilu Laubenthal was married to Tim's older brother David.  I don't remember for how long, but they went separate ways.  They had a son, Andrew who is married to Betsy and Andy and Betsy have two daughters.
Her former husband David passed away 12-23-2009.

I was close to Marilu when she was married, the way sisters-in-law are close.  She went on to get a law degree, and practiced law in several areas of the country until her retirement a few years ago.  I think she is a year or two younger than me.

When I last saw Marilu, she was living in Marin County, California and Sarah and I visited with her on the College Graduation Gift trip that Sarah and I took to San Francisco.  Previously, I had seen her at Andy and Betsy's wedding 15 or so years ago, in Minnesota.

We are older, but we still connected.  How strange life can be.  We get more and more focused on our own families and somehow other relatives slip away.

I will make a conscious effort to stay in touch this time.  I don't know how many more Thanksgivings we have left to share, but we started with this one.

Good to see you Marilu!

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

How wonderful that you reconnected. It looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm happy for you.

Unknown said...

I am Renee Rose (Laubenthal) Marilu's niece. What a nice read.