Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A friend passes

I was honored yesterday to be asked to write and present the eulogy for my friend Marie E. Baron.

The funeral mass took place at St. Joseph's in Strongsville. As is the custom today, most people pay their respects by attending visitation at the funeral home. Afternoon and evening hours allow family and friends to take time to pay homage to the loved one.

This case was no different than all the rest that I have attended in the past. However, I strongly feel it is an obligation to give a respectful farewell to the departed. Yesterday was no different with less people in attendence at the church than attended the calling hours. I feel strongly about accompanying a friend to the grave. Prayers and flowers placed on the casket finalizes
the journey to heaven for her soul.

God speed Marie!

No comments: