Friday, April 24, 2009

I don't do hospitals

.....and I don't do sick. I don't know why but I can't push myself to go visit someone that is sick. I don't know how to describe the feeling....I think it equates to "terror". I sat in the waiting room yesterday trying to focus on everything but the obvious.

When the Dr. came out and talked with me about Tim it was as if I was watching someone on TV get the news on "House" or "Grey's Anatomy". It wasn't real! But the relief was real! After the Dr. went back into the surgical entryway, I sat alone in the waiting room and started to cry. The Dr. told me I could go back and see Tim, but I just sat there crying.

From behind me, a hand appeared with a tissue. Turning, I saw the receptionist handing me a Kleenex. She softly said "that was good news".

Today I think it was good news. Yesterday was just a blur.

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Right. If Tim's going to die, let it be at your hands, not some impersonal physician.