Monday, December 22, 2008

Buckets of Love


My "bucket" run'neth over!" I cannot believe the phone call I received yesterday morning. My friend Linda called me from the Brunswick police station. Linda was helping her husband Bruce "launder" money. That's the term we jokingly use over the past few years for the process of counting the contents of the red kettles that have been brought to the Police station in Brunswick.
Brunswick Police pick up the full kettles that are at KMart, Buehlers, and Giant Eagle, and occasionally during the week at Drug Mart and bring them to the station for safe keeping until Bruce arrives the next morning and counts.
As of Friday of this week, the kettle totals rose over the entire 2007 campaign and if that was not enough of a joy, yesterday's call brought a shout from me as response over my cell phone.
"Judy, this is Linda, are you ready for the news?" "Sure I said" "Well, the count today is $2201.00" I cannot tell you how loud my response was in the car. "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
said I.
Never in my nine year history has there ever been a total from kettles for one day in that amount.
Northern Medina County communities are showing their love. What a wonderful, wonderful surprise!
My cup truly run'neth over!

No comments: