Tuesday, December 9, 2008


Dear Friends,

I received an email with this information from a friend in the "Horse Network"..the author wrote....After I heard what Madeleine Pickens proposed to do for America’s wildhorses I wrote the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame and said I would like to nominate Mrs. Pickens for induction. (In case you don't know, Madeline Pickens, wife of T. Boone Pickens paid to adopt all 30,000+ wild mustangs held in pens bythe Bureau of Land Management, who would be slated for euthansia). I figured they would take the hint and nominate her themselves, but noooooooo.

Instead, they sent me the nomination form and said I could go ahead and fill out the paperwork, making sure I had it in by January 15. Part of the process is getting supporting letters for the induction; i.e., letters from relevant parties recommending the induction. Would y’all like to write a letter? I figure if everyone on the list who figures this was something worthy of being called a cowgirl, there could be thousands of letters, especially if everyone forwarded this letter and request everyone they knew comply, by writing a letter.



Who knows? Madeleine Pickens might bethe first Cowgirl Hall of Famer to be inducted on the basis of nationalpopularity!Letters should be addressed to:National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame Attn: Nomination 1720 Gendy Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107

Here’s a chance to thank the woman who decided she was going to save the mustangs. Please write a letter, and also forward this message to everyoneyou know. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Cowgirl up!

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Thanks so much for letting us in on this. I sent a letter today and am going to e-mail my friends and ask them to do the same.