Monday, December 8, 2008

Reindeer tracks


Somewhere in the near North, Santa has lost a deer or two. No joke! I swear I saw one in my front yard today. Well, maybe not an actual reindeer, but close enough for government work.
As I was walking down the driveway to pick up the mail, something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. Yep, a deer alright, right out there near the pond in the yard under the
golden delicious apple tree.

Now as cold as it has been, those fallen apples must have been like frozen road apples! He was
placidly munching away, not a care in the world! I should think not, as the deer season (the special 2 day gun event) had just ended on the 7th. Yesterday to be sure he was not in sight anywhere, just tucked up into a nice furry ball under a pine tree somewhere waiting for the "thunderous shots" to dissipate.

This is one smart cookie, and he will be free until next year, providing that he stays out of the road! No headlights tonight please. it's too close to Christmas.

I know he will find the two big apple trees out back which host a different breed of apple. But to be sure equally "delicious".

God's creatures great and small, we should love them all.

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

Congratulations on the new blog. I'm proud of you, and will look forward to reading.

I like how the deer seem to know which humans they can trust. When we lived out in the country I could roll apples to them as they stood in the yard and they weren't afraid.

Judy said...

Hey you. You have inspired me. I also "aspire" to be more like you and take the time to put my thoughts somewhere, even if it is a blog. Now you and I can "vent" and not upset our family and friends! (Or not!)