Saturday, December 13, 2008

.....diet is a four letter word!


They call it "diet" because all of the other four-letter words were taken! Dieting is what I am trying to do for the Christmas holidays. How absurd! I could eat Christmas cookies and candies round the clock, and truly I have been known to do that. The story goes that I sat and ate a 40 oz. bag of Hershey Kisses in one sitting. Actually, I moved around a bit and sat in several chairs and a sofa and that required walking to and from.

I have good intentions, but no will power. How can a person who quit smoking "cold turkey" 8 years ago, not be able to curb my appetite for cookies and chocolates? I need to start baking and making candy. I think that is the only way I can avoid the dreaded millions of calories. If I bake it, I am not want to eat it! Go figure!

All will not be lost if I can just get the impulsion to go into the kitchen and start the Holiday prep.

Anyway, 4 letter words shouldn't be used during a Holy Holiday!

No comments: