Monday, February 16, 2009

A Bittersweet prize....

Tomorrow is the awards ceremony put on by the Howard Hanna Real Estate Company for their sales associates individual accomplishments in the sales year 2008.


I am attending in support of my new office and office manager in a show of unity for our new company. All of our accomplishments in our former company are being absorbed into the new firm.


I am still grieving the loss of my former company and the official move to our new office location took place on Friday the 13th. I made the move, put on a cheerful face, unpacked boxes and hopefully am settling in.


Here's the sad part of this tale. Only one home that I sold last year was not due to someone's distress. I mean, the owner had retired from "housekeeping" and was living in an independent senior complex, and enjoying every minute of life there.


Every other house that I sold last year was a home that had gone through the foreclosure process, making someone homeless.


Looking at the year in review, the award certificate seems hollow to me.

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Bittersweet indeed. Congratulations on whatever awards you receive, and I appreciate your sensitivity to the human condition.

xo