Thursday, February 12, 2009

A day for wonderful or unusual gifts...or not!

Valentine's day means different things to different people, however, Valentine's Day means "Love" which comes wrapped as a lovely package.

I remember a Valentine's Day gift from many, many years ago!


Not red, not chocolate, not flowery, not candlelight, not sexy, and certainly not what I wanted.


My wonderful husband claims not to "forget" to buy me a gift, but that he is never anywhere that would sell something worth buying for me! Well, that year topped all. I was given a card "To my wife" kind, sweet and signed with XXXXX's and OOOOOO's, love Tim.


Nice, nice, nice. Then came the wrapping paper. It was unusual paper, brown and similiar to a grocery bag. Who knew?

Guess what was inside. No....... not that.

Try again. No......not that either. One more time....no....not that one either.!

Give up?????


It was a Daisy Red Ryder BB Rifle......... Just like the one on "Christmas Story", where Ralphie was warned about shooting out his eye!


What more can I say?

No comments: