Monday, February 23, 2009

One phone call away...


Today I am doing my first ever power point presentation. I am meeting with a small group of sales reps. from the U.S. who are representing a feed supplement type product for horses.



I was asked by their sales manager to come and speak to them about my ideals and principles of sales specifically returning phone calls, and networking. I was honored and thrilled to be asked to do something like that for a firm that is unrelated to real estate. One of the topics he requested me to do was: "Why don't they return phone calls?" Yea, like I would let them get away with that!


I constructed my very "first ever" power point presentation yesterday afternoon. Laborously writing, re-writing, proof reading, trying to figure out how to put it together, proof reading again, and finally after 3 hours, was done. Then I re-read it. Duh! 7 more misspelled (SP?) words, then 3 more, then some of the points were off the page, and then I had to figure out how to fix that. Yuk!


All told, for the novice it was "okay" but not superb or even mediocre!


Oh well, what I lack in construction, I may make up with my "charm"!


Wish me luck!

No comments: