Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Parking Garage receipt...




I lost a parking garage receipt. I know, not a big deal, most parking receipts are usually thrown away anyway. This one was special. It was a receipt for the Akron Children's Hospital parking garage. I kept it on my pickup truck's visor. I kept it as a reminder that life is precious and we must appreciate it and treat it with respect.
Daniel was born on February 7, 2005 two months premature. I kept that parking receipt, and two photos of him, one in the Preemie ICU and one after he first arrived home.
Daniel will be four years old on Saturday, and I am grateful for those four wonderful years.
Perhaps I will find the ticket under the seat, or wedged under the console. I hope I do find it, as it was a constant reminder of what I hold so dear!

No comments: