Friday, February 6, 2009

BOGO!


I never understood what the term meant. Duh, ... Buy One Get One (Free)! Who knew, I must have been reading more into it than I should have.
Anyway, a grateful person gave me a $15 gift card from Giant Eagle. I did something to help them out of a situation, and they wanted to "pay" me for the help. No way.....however the person needed to give something for the help, so I accepted it. (in that respect, I have learned over the years not to take someone else's "joy" away.
I normally do not shop for groceries at that supermarket but, waste not want not. Traversing the aisles of an unfamiliar grocery store is a real adventure. I spent a great deal of time "window shopping" and marveling at the ethnic foods department, which is very extensive. The exotic names of products were amazing to read. The experience was delightful.
Anyway, as I made my way to the back of the store where the meats are located, I was awestruck. It finally sank in......buy one, get one! What a great idea. My little ole' pea brain was in high gear now. I swooped into the cases and pulled out the prizes!
After putting my parcels into the car, I made the best phone call of the day. "Hello, this is Judy,
I am on my way to your house, stay put until I get there"! I was literally chuckling when she opened the door. "Here is a present....I went to the Giant Eagle store and they were having a special offer. BOGO! "I kept one, and here is one for you!" The person started to protest, but afterall, fair is fair. I got my gift card's worth and so did she!
Voila' I'm starting to feel like a caped crusader!

No comments: